Volunteering with Circles South East
Circles (South East) has been recruiting, training and supervising volunteers to contribute to work carried out in the field of sexual abuse since 2002. In that time we have worked with over a thousand volunteers. Some people think you need specialist knowledge or experience to undertake this work safely and effectively. While we welcome relevant experience it is not necessary. Actually what we are seeking is people from all walks of life who are reliable, empathic, boundaried and able to commit to the work for two to three hours a week. Please refer to the Volunteer Role Specification document for more information.
Our dedicated staff team provide all the training, support and expertise necessary so that volunteers enjoy a challenging but ultimately rewarding experience. Training is free and all expenses incurred through volunteering with us are paid.
The following volunteering opportunities are on offer:
- Circles of Support and Accountability – available in Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Hampshire, Surrey, Sussex, Kent, Northamptonshire and London
- Mentoring – available in Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Hampshire, Surrey and Sussex
- Adapted Circles – available in Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Hampshire and Hertfordshire
- Youth Circles – available in Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, and Oxfordshire
- Counselling (please note qualification required) – available in Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Hampshire, Surrey and Sussex
- Forums for survivors – pilot programme. Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire.
National Open College Network
All Circles (South East’s) volunteer training is certificated. As well as this, the Big Lottery has funded the national rollout of our OCN volunteer qualification. Those who wish to can enrol on the course which is free. Essentially OCN volunteers are asked to keep a journal which evidences understanding of the two day initial training process, and reflections on the first three months of a Circle. Journals are marked by CSE tutors, verified and certificated (equivalent to NVQ level 2) by the NOCN.
Find out More!
For more information about the services above please visit the relevant section of the site. If you would like to speak with a member of the Circles team please contact us.
If you would like to apply please fill in the forms supplied and return to the e-mail address below:
T: 01235 816050
Circles (South East) is an organisation dedicated to equal opportunities.